Please note: That since we have a lot of events coming up over the school terms, these calendars may take a while to load so please be patient. Thank you
The Transition Coordinator, Mrs Brooke Mollenkopf, can assist you with any general enquiries you have when considering enrolling your child at Dromana College. For more information on Grade 6 into Year 7 transition enrolments please contact the Transition Coordinator on 03 5987 2805 during school hours or via email email@example.com
All new enrolments to Dromana College (excluding Grade 6 into Year 7 transition) are conducted by the Assistant Principal. A parent interview is required at a mutually arranged appointment time. Student reports and assessment grades are required at the interview to determine the level of entry. School requirements including uniform, books, lockers, code of conduct, courses of study, welfare, parent support etc are discussed with parents and students before enrolment forms are signed. Interviews do not take place without a parent in attendance.
Dromana College is committed to recognising and rewarding student excellence in all fields of endeavour. Each year Dromana College offers Academic and General Excellence scholarships to students commencing Year 7. These scholarships provide many opportunities for students to pursue excellence in their chosen fields. If the successful scholars maintain their excellent grades the scholarship is automatically awarded for the second year.
Dromana College provides lockers to assist students with a safe storage area and alleviate the need to carry heavy bags. They provide security for books and materials during the day.
Students have access to their lockers during the breaks throughout the school day. There should be no access to the lockers during class time.
Below is a list of responsibilities for all Years 7 - 12 students:
- Lockers remain College property and hence the College Administration has the right to search them if necessary
- Lockers may only store school related materials
- Students must keep lockers locked when not in use
- Lockers must not be written on, decorated or have pictures stuck on them either inside or outside
- Defacing a locker will incur a fee or a replacement charge (this could cost up to $200).
- Students will be responsible for any damage to a locker and therefore due care must be taken
- Students must exhibit care and consideration when accessing lockers at all times
- Lockers must not be shared
- Students must clean and empty their locker at the end of the year or upon leaving the school
- Locks may be purchased from the college at a cost of $30.00. Each lock comes with two keys and remains the property of the student
- Dromana College does not take responsibility for theft, loss or damage of personal items contained in lockers and advises that mobile phones and personal items should not be brought to school.