A fortnightly bulletin is emailed to parents and students with information regarding upcoming events at Universities and TAFE’s, information about pathways and careers as well as lots of other interesting information about future careers and pathways options.
If you do not receive the bulletin and would like to have it emailed please contact Derry Caulfield firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the distribution list.
The Pathways Office is located in the VCE corridor and has a wealth of information for all students and parents. The Pathways Office is open to students to come in and have a browse through the written material from Universities and TAFEs, computers are available for research or resume writing and Pathways staff will answer any questions you may have about your future career and pathways options.
STAFF LOCATED IN THE PATHWAYS OFFICE ARE:
- Pathways /Careers Advisor
Derry Caulfield Ext: 163
- Vocational Education Training (VET) Coordinator
Derry Caulfield Ext: 163
- Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) Coordinator
Jaimie Watts Ext: 163
- Pathways/ Work Experience/Workplacement
Jackie Douglas Ext: 153
- Managed Individual Pathways (MIPs) Coordinator/VASS
Jan Philpott Ext: 131
For further information regarding pathways and careers please phone the college on 03 5987 2805 and ask to speak to any one of our experienced staff in the Pathways Office.
Download the work experience arrangement form
The Pathways Office has a number of information events throughout the year including:
- Career Expo
- Year 9 into Year 10 Course Counselling
- Australian School Based Apprenticeships (ASBA)
- Naval Gazing
- Year 9 Career Fest
- Tertiary Information Service Day (TIS Day) is a chance for all Year 12 students across Victoria to gain information
on application details, course types, costs, dates and procedures for tertiary entrance from experts from Universities,
TAFEs and Independent Tertiary Colleges
- Work Placement is structured workplace learning which involves students undertaking structured ‘on the job
training’ during which they are expected to master a designated set of skills and competencies related to courses
accredited by the Victorian Qualifications Authority Structured Workplace Learning. It is an essential part of
Vocational Education and Training (VET) and young people who do a VET program need to practise to complete their
qualification in a real workplace under real working conditions and supervised by someone who works in and knows
the industry. Work Placement should
be seen as part of a structure for VET, VCAL or VCE program
- Work Experience Program is an elective for Year 10 students. The students have the opportunity to participate
in our work experience program which is held over one week.