Please note: That since we have a lot of events coming up over the school terms, these calendars may take a while to load so please be patient. Thank you
Introduction to Psychology
Psychology reaches into every part of our lives. It is an incredibly diverse and fascinating subject that considers virtually every aspect of our thoughts, feelings and behaviour. No matter what your current interests are, what job you want in the future, how well you want to do at school or how to improve your relationships with others, psychology can help.
In this elective, you will begin to understand the relationship between the structure and function of the brain.
- How does your brain learn and recall memories?
- How is it that the brain allows us to experience emotions like fear, sadness and excitement?
- How do we remember information?
- Is your brain like a computer?
- What is sleep, what factors affect it and why is it vital to your survival?
You will learn that the study of psychology is a journey of discovery about you and your amazing brain. This elective will also help you prepare for Year 10 Psychology and VCE Psychology.